This is it, the original Worsted that made Malabrigo an international favorite! A buttery-soft single ply of fine Uruguayan Merino wool, this yarn has excellent stitch definition, comes in an enormous rainbow of colors (solids, semisolids, and variegateds) and is deliciously squishy and cozy. It's also fantastic for felting projects! Like all our yarns, it is kettle-dyed in small batches with by our artisan dyers and is full of subtle variation and beauty.
Great for: Accessories and hand-wash-friendly garments, next-to-skin wear, cables, textured stitches, colorwork, felting, anything where warmth and comfort are a factor!
Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. In the tagged (*) colors, the skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag. To ensure random color distribution, work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.
- Weight: Aran/Worsted
- Texture: singles
- Yardage/Meters: 210 yards (192 meters)
- Skein weight: 100 grams (3.53 ounces)
- Gauge: 18.0 sts = 4 inches
- Recommended needle size: US 7 - 9 or 4.5 - 5.5mm
- Recommended hook size: US I-9 to K-10/12 or 5.5-6.5 mm
- Content: 100% Merino Wool.
- Cares: Hand Wash, cold water.